Native World News

Trump says holding off planned Iran attack tomorrow on request of Qatar, UAE

Trump says holding off planned Iran attack tomorrow on request of Qatar, UAE

Says has instructed military to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran if acceptable deal not reached

United States President Donald Trump announced late on Monday night that he was holding off from a planned attack on Iran due on Tuesday at the request of the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia. the United Arab Emirates.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump said he was asked by the leaders of the three Gulf states to "hold off on our planned military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow, in that serious negotiations are now taking place,. that, in their opinion, as great leaders and allies, a deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States of America, as well as all countries in the Middle East, and beyond".

He said the deal would include no nuclear weapons for Iran.

"Based on my respect for the above mentioned leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Daniel Caine,. the United States military, that we will not be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable deal is not reached. Thank you for your attention to this matter!"

pic.twitter.com/ESDLZm2EIM

US accepts temporary waiver of Iran oil sanctions during negotiations: Iranian media

The US has agreed in its latest proposal to temporarily waive sanctions on Iran’s oil sector during the negotiation period. Iran’s semi-officialTasnimnews agency reported on Monday, citing a source close to the Iranian negotiating team.

According to the source. Washington’s latest text differed from previous proposals by accepting the temporary suspension of oil-related sanctions while talks continue.

The source said Iran continued to insist that the full lifting of all sanctions must be part of any final US commitments. while the American side had proposed temporary waivers by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) until a final understanding was reached.

Tasnimalso reported that Iran submitted a revised 14-point text to the US side through Pakistani mediators.

According to the source, the US had recently sent a response to an earlier 14-point Iranian proposal, after which Tehran revised its own text. resubmitted it through the same mediation channel.

The Pakistani intermediary then delivered the updated Iranian proposal to the American side, the report said.

The source added that Iran’s latest text focused on negotiations aimed at ending the war. on what Tehran described as confidence-building measures by the US side.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei said earlier today that talks with the US were still ongoing through Pakistani mediation.

Regional tensions have escalated since the US and Israel launched strikes against Iran in February. Tehran retaliated with strikes targeting Israel as well as US allies in the Gulf. along with the closure of the Strait of Hormuz.

A ceasefire took effect on April 8 through Pakistani mediation, but talks in Islamabad failed to produce a lasting agreement. US President Donald Trump later extended the truce indefinitely.

Meanwhile. a Pakistani source toldReutersthat as peace talks appeared to remain stalled, "we don't have much time," the source said, when asked if it would take time to close gaps, adding ​that both countries "keep changing their goalposts".

Baghaei confirmed that Tehran's views had been "conveyed to the ⁠American side through mediator Pakistan".

Trump said last ​week that a ceasefire with Iran. which was reached in early April, ​was "on life support" after Tehran's response to a US proposal to end the war made clear the two sides were still far apart on several issues.

The issues holding up negotiations between the two sides include ​Iran's nuclear ambitions. its control of the Strait of Hormuz, where it has ‌shut ⁠down shipping traffic that normally carries one-fifth of the world's oil and liquefied natural gas.

Iran has called for an end to the war on all fronts. including Lebanon, where US ally Israel is fighting ​Iran-backed Hezbollah militants. ​Tehran has ruled ⁠out discussing its nuclear programme before the "permanent end of hostilities".

Tehran also wants compensation for war damage, an ​end to the US naval blockade, a guarantee ​of no ⁠further attacks,. resumption of Iranian oil sales.

Baghaei said Tehran was prepared for all scenarios. "As for their threats. rest assured that we are fully ⁠aware ​of how to respond appropriately to even ​the smallest mistake from the opposing side," he told a televised weekly press conference.

Iran announces new Strait of Hormuz management body

Iran’s top security body has announced the formation of a new agency to manage the Strait of Hormuz.

The Supreme National Security Council shared a social media post for the Persian Gulf Strait Authority, saying it would provide “real‑time updates on the Hormuz Strait operations. latest developments”.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیمحساب رسمی مدیریت آبراه خلیج فارس (#PGSA) در ایکس به منظور اطلاع‌رسانی فعالیت‌های این سازمان آغاز به کار می‌نماید.برای اطلاع از آخرین وضعیت#تنگه_هرمزما را دنبال کنید.

The Supreme National Security Council is Iran's foremost security body, with the Supreme Leader, Mojtaba Khamenei, at its head.

Talks with US continue with Pakistani mediation: Iranian FM spokesperson

Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesperson said on Monday that talks with the United States continue through Pakistan's mediation. as per Iran's semi-officialTasnimnews agency on X.

سخنگوی وزارت امور خارجه: گفتگوها با آمریکا از طریق میانجیگری پاکستان ادامه دارددر مورد غنی‌سازی و مواد اورانیوم گمانه‌زنی‌هایی مطرح کردند که ما اعلام کردیم مبنایی نداردآمریکایی‌ها پیشنهادهایی دادند و ما هم نظرات خود را ارائه کردیم

"They raised speculations regarding enrichment and uranium materials, which we stated have no basis."

In a separate post on X. the spokesperson has been quoted to say that Iran has "no enmity with any country in the region; the countries of the region must learn from the recent events."

"They saw that the presence of America does not bring security and causes insecurity for everyone," the post read.

Kuwait, Qatar condemn drone attacks targeting Saudi Arabia

Kuwait. Qatar have issued separate statements strongly denouncing drone attacks targeting Saudi Arabia that officials said originated from Iraqi airspace, according toAl Jazeera.

Kuwait said the incursion violates UN Security Council Resolution 2817, passed in March to protect Gulf infrastructure. affirmed its support for Saudi security measures. Qatar labelled the incident a “rejected aggression” and a direct violation of Saudi sovereignty.

بيان | قطر تدين محاولة استهداف المملكة العربية السعودية بطائرات مسيّرةالدوحة | 18 مايو 2026تدين دولة قطر بشدة محاولة استهداف المملكة العربية السعودية الشقيقة بطائرات مسيّرة، وتعدّ ذلك اعتداءً مرفوضًا وانتهاكًا لسيادة المملكة، وتهديدًا لأمنها وسلامتها وأمن المنطقة.وتجدد…pic.twitter.com/Gheu7K3iPT

Both nations expressed full solidarity with Riyadh, backing any measures taken to protect Saudi territory and citizens.

The statement follows Saudi Arabia’s announcement that its air defences intercepted. destroyed three hostile drones that entered its airspace from Iraq.

Oman, UN condemn attack on UAE nuclear power plant

Oman has also condemned the drone attack that caused a fire at the UAE’s Barakah Nuclear Energy Plant, reaffirming its rejection of “all hostile. escalatory acts” in the region, according toAl Jazeera.

The Omani Foreign Ministry expressed its solidarity with the UAE over measures taken for its security. territorial safety, and called for dialogue to address regional challenges.

It also urged respect for international law, good neighbourliness, and noninterference in the internal affairs of states.

The United Nations spokesperson account on X stated. UN Secretary General Antonio Guiterres was "deeply alarmed" by reports of fires at an electrical generator near Barakah nuclear plant caused by drone strikes.

.@antonioguterresis deeply alarmed by reports that drone strikes set fire to an electrical generator near Barakah Nuclear Power Plant. UAE.Attacks to nuclear installations are totally unacceptable, a violation of international law & must be condemned:https://t.co/Kj7tviqWfL

"I have consistently warned against any further escalation of the conflict in the Middle East,. this incident provides yet another reason for all sides to halt the fighting completely."

He said that "there must be no further attacks near civilian infrastructure, including nuclear power plants". "attacks to nuclear installations are totally unacceptable, a violation of international law and must be condemned."

Former US congresswoman calls for 'political revolution' over Iran war

Former US congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene wrote on X on Monday that if US troops would be sent into Iran. "there is going to be a political revolution in America."

"We said no more foreign wars and we meant it."

If you send in U.S. military troops into Iran, there is going to be a political revolution in America.WE. ARE. DONE.We said no more foreign wars and we meant it.The coalition will unite and be unstoppable. I’ll make sure of it.End this war. It’s stupid.

She claimed that the "coalition will unite" and "be unstoppable," adding that she would "make sure" this would happen.

"End this war. It's stupid."

Iran will turn Gulf of Oman into ‘graveyard’ for ships if US doesn’t end blockade

Iran vowed on Sunday to confront the US over its naval blockade. with a top military adviser to the country’s supreme leader warning that the Sea of Oman could become a “graveyard” for US ships if tensions continue to escalate.

“My advice to the US militarily is to back off before the Gulf of Oman turns into a graveyard for your ships. Otherwise, our understanding is that a naval blockade is an act of war,. responding to it is our natural right, Major General Mohsen Rezaei, a member of Iran’s Expediency Discernment Council, said in remarks carried Sunday by Iranian state television.

Rezaei added that Iran’s restraint should not be interpreted as acceptance of pressure or threats.

“If we’ve been patient until now, it doesn’t mean we have accepted it,” he said.

He also questioned the rationale behind the continued US military presence in the Gulf. arguing that Washington no longer had the justifications it once used to maintain its role in the region.

Read:Pakistan pushes diplomacy amid renewed war fears

“America comes here and brings its warships. Who is its enemy? At one time, they said they came to confront the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union no longer exists,” he said.

Rezaei said the Strait of Hormuz had always remained open to trade. argued that what was being rejected was foreign military campaigns rather than commercial movement.

"The Strait of Hormuz is open to trade, but it will be closed to military buildups. any attempts to destabilise security," he said.

Regional tensions have escalated since the US. Israel launched strikes on Iran on February 28, prompting retaliatory attacks by Tehran and disruptions in the Strait of Hormuz.

A ceasefire took effect on April 8 through Pakistani mediation, but talks in Islamabad failed to secure a lasting agreement. The truce was later extended by US President Donald Trump without a specified deadline.

Since April 13, the US has enforced a naval blockade targeting Iranian maritime traffic in the strategic waterway.

Additionally. Israel’sChannel 13is reporting that dozens of US cargo planes carrying ammunition from bases in Germany have landed in Tel Aviv in the past 24 hours, according toAl Jazeera.

The Israeli broadcaster said these were part of preparations to resume the war on Iran.

Israel built 2 secret military bases in Iraq for Iran operations

Israel built two covert military sites in Iraq’s western desert to support operations against Iran. according to a report Sunday by theNew York Times.

The newspaper, citing Iraqi. regional officials, said a newly disclosed site was one of two covert facilities used intermittently by Israel inside Iraq for more than a year.

The officials said the sites were used for air support, refuelling,. medical services and later played a role during the 12-day war against Iran in June 2025.

Read more:'The clock is ticking': Trump warns Iran to 'get moving fast' as deal talks stall

One of the sites came to light after Iraqi shepherd Awad al-Shammari encountered unusual military activity near al-Nukhaib in March. alerted local authorities after seeing helicopters, tents and what appeared to be a makeshift landing strip, according to the Times.

The report said that 29-year-old Al-Shammari later disappeared. was found dead, while Iraqi forces sent to investigate the area also came under fire, leaving one soldier dead and two others wounded.

Earlier this month,The Wall Street Journalreported. Israel had established a secret military site in Iraq’s western desert to support operations against Iran.

In remarks to Anadolu following theWall Street Journalreport. a senior Iraqi security official dismissed claims of Israeli military activity in Iraq’s western desert as “false.”

The official said Iraqi forces had confronted a “mysterious” airborne operation in the al-Nukhaib desert area in March. that the incident had been handled at the time.

Iraq says it will not be a launchpad for regional attacks

Iraq will not allow its territory to become a passageway or launchpad for attacks against other countries. a military spokesman said Sunday.

Speaking to theIraqi News Agency (INA), Sabah al-Numan, a spokesperson for the commander-in-chief of the armed forces, said Baghdad’s policy was based on avoiding regional. international conflicts to preserve domestic stability.

He said restricting weapons to state control remained a key pillar of the government’s security strategy. a necessary step toward ending armed activity outside the legal framework.

Al-Numan also stressed that Iraq would not allow other countries to interfere in its internal affairs, saying the country seeks to protect itself from the security. political fallout of regional crises.

Prime Minister Ali Al-Zaidi pledged Thursday to place all weapons under state control as part of a broader reform program after winning parliament’s confidence.

Israel’s military on alert and ready to join US attacks on Iran, media reports say

Israeli media report that the military is preparing for renewed hostilities with Iran, with public broadcasterKanciting an unnamed security official as saying that Israel would join any new US strikes. target Iranian energy infrastructure,Al Jazeerareported.

The report followed a call between Trump. Netanyahu on Sunday that lasted for more than half an hour, in whichKansaid the two leaders discussed the prospect of renewed fighting.

TheChannel 12broadcaster also described the conversation as taking place “in the shadow of preparations for renewed fighting in Iran”. reported that the Israeli military has been placed on high alert.

It said Israel expects to be notified by the US ahead of any strike. though it does not know the exact timing of a potential decision.

Channel 12also noted that Trump is facing significant pressure, including from China, not to enter a new confrontation with Iran. to pursue a negotiated settlement instead.

Oil touches 2-week high after drone attack on UAE nuclear power plant

Oil prices extended gains on Monday as efforts to end the US-Israeli war on Iran appeared to have stalled, after a nuclear power plant in the United Arab Emirates came under attack. as US ​President Donald Trump is expected to discuss military options on Iran.

Brent crude futures climbed $2.03. or 1.86%, ​to $111.29 a barrel by 0720 PKT, after touching $112 earlier, the highest since May 5.

US West ⁠Texas Intermediate crude was at $107.73 a barrel. up $2.31, or 2.19%, following a rise to $108.70, its highest level since April ​30. The front-month June contract expires on Tuesday.

Both contracts gained more than 7% last week as hopes ​of a peace deal that would end ship attacks. seizures around the Strait of Hormuz dimmed. Last week's talks between Trump. Chinese President Xi Jinping ended without an indication from the world's top oil importer that it ​would help resolve the conflict.

"The longer the conflict with Iran persists. the greater the risk of protracted ​oil price scarring, which could keep interest rates higher for longer," Prestige Economics' Jason Schenker said in a note.

"This ‌could ⁠also present persistent downside risks to growth."

Drone attacks on the UAE. Saudi Arabia and rhetoric from the US and Iran raised concerns of an escalation in the conflict.

Saudi Arabia says it intercepted three drones that entered from Iraqi airspace

Saudi ​Arabia on Sunday ‌said it intercepted three drones after they ​entered its territory ​from Iraqi airspace.

The kingdom's ⁠defence ministry said ​it would take the ​necessary operational measures to respond to any attempt ​to violate its ​sovereignty. security.

While hostilities during ‌the ⁠Iran conflict have largely been scaled down since a ceasefire ​came into ​effect ⁠in April, drones have been ​launched from Iraq ​towards ⁠Gulf countries, including Saudi Arabia. ⁠Kuwait.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see ourComments FAQ

Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/2608755/iran-will-turn-gulf-of-oman-into-graveyard-for-ships-if-us-doesnt-end-blockade-top-military-adviser

Discussion

Sign in to join the thread, react, and share images.